Security Seals ISO/PAS 17712 (C-TPAT)
The correct use of high security seal on the containers, is an element key of a secure supply chain and a critical component of a carrier's commitment with respect to the C-TPAT program. It is necessary the use of a high security seal in all the containers with a destination to the United States.
Key points for effective use of the security seals.
You must verify the following:
* That the security seal has the same number from the origin.
* Inspect that the container is free of manipulation and that the seal has not been voided.
* If the security seal is removed in transit to the border, even by government officials, we have to place a second security seal in the container and also documented the security seal change.
The driver must immediately notify to the origin that the security seal has broke off, who did it and the number of the second security applied to the container.
* Use the security label on the hinges.
Security Seal Placement Process:
* All security seals used must be certified by the norm ISO / PAS 17712 and the C-TPAT program.
* You must have all the procedures written and describing how the security seals will be monitored and placed in cargo containers.
* Only authorized employees should distribute and place the container seals. Seals should be kept under lock and key security.
* It should be placed in the right door of the container in which you have the rivet pin soldier. This practice raises the level of security on your cargo.
* Before placing the security seal inspect it and see that folio or the locking mechanism isn´t altered.
* Verify that container doors and bolts are ok.
* Once the security seal is placed make sure is ok by a pulling it.
* In case of a government inspection and they open the security seal, collect the security seal broken parts for be sure they would not be misuse.
Security Seal Tips:
Indicatives and security Seals (Aluminum seals / Plastic seals / Labels)
High Security Seals (Bolt / Cable)